Do you want to increase your energy efficiency? Consumers Energy rebate program will help you achieve cost effective, energy-saving technologies that will improve the performance of your lighting. Save on your energy bills and enhance the quality of your lighting.
Both a prescriptive program and a custom retrofit program are available.
With a handy chart, Consumers Energy lists the exact amount of cash you’ll receive per lamp or fixture you purchase. In order to get the incentive, the equipment must be installed within 90 days following receipt of the pre-approval reservation letter. The equipment should meet or exceed the requirements found in the incentives Catalog. You must submit the final application within 90 days of incentive reservation or 60 days from project completion, whichever comes first.
If your project goes beyond the Prescriptive program, Consumers Energy will create an energy efficient solution for you and give you an incentive of $.08 per kilowatt hour saved or $5.00/MCF. The more energy you save, the more money you’ll earn back in incentives. Each facility can earn up to $200,000 in custom incentives per program year.
- To qualify for the Business Solutions program, you must be a current non-residential customer of Consumers Energy with a valid natural gas and/or electric account number.
- Project must result in a facility improvement with a permanent reduction in electrical energy (kWh) and/or natural gas (MCF) usage. Fuel switching is not an acceptable means of usage reduction.
- All installed equipment must meet or exceed the specifications detailed in the 2012 Incentive Catalog,
- All Final Applications must be received before November 30, 2012, to qualify for the current program year’s funding.
- Review the list of contractors in your area who can perform your project. Participating contractors have gone through a program orientation process. If you prefer, you can also install the project yourself.
- Download the application form which includes the Pre-notification Application and Final Application.
- Submit your Pre-notification Application for your incentive reservation with all required documentation including equipment model number and manufacturer specification sheets.
- Complete the installation.
- Submit Final Application.
- You will receive your rebate check in the mail in six to eight weeks.
Consumers Energy Business Solutions
P.O. Box 1040
Okemos, MI 48805
Resources and Links
Tell us what you think of this rebate. We would love to hear about your experiences with this rebate program in the comments. If you find any broken links or if this rebate program is different from what is described above, we’d like to know that, too.